What Is It Like To Live Abroad?


To start off, it’s not an actual feeling, it’s a phase you go through. A delightful phase full of mystery, the thrill of adventure and exploration. Going abroad, you will face new challenges and get to know parts of you, you didn’t know existed. You’ll be amazed at yourself and at the world. You will learn to broaden your horizons, open up your mind, and you will grow. 

From the moment you decide to move abroad, whether it is for work, study, or just because you want to experience living somewhere else, your life turns into a powerful mix of emotions, because you’re dealing with the unexpected. You make place for new habits, new challenges, new people, new places, and another language. A big adrenalin thrill ride, so to say!

Once you are living abroad for a while, you will soon learn to say goodbye and to enjoy yourself. You will learn that most people and things in your life are just passing through, and you’ll find the right balance between bonding and letting go.

Living abroad will make you realize that ‘’normal’’ only means socially or culturally accepted, so your idea of normality will soon fall apart once you are abroad. There are different ways of doing things, and after a while, you too take to that habit you never thought you’d embrace. Because of this, you will get to know yourself better because you discover some things you really believe in, while others are just a cultural heritage of the society you grew up in. Living abroad will therefore profoundly change your life and who you are. It will shake up your roots, your certainties, and your fears and give you a different perspective on life.

Another thing is that lots of people will tell you how brave you are for moving abroad, and you, even though you may have been scared of the uncertainty, know that courage only makes up about 10% of life-changing decisions, and that the other 90% is purely about wanting it with all your heart. You’ll learn that people around the world are more similar than we think. Sure, customs and settings vary, but we all want to love and be loved, follow our passions, and dream big!

 

 

What's Your Reaction?
Cute
1
Cute
Fail
0
Fail
Geeky
0
Geeky
Lol
0
Lol
Love
1
Love
OMG
0
OMG
Win
1
Win
Wtf
1
Wtf
Yaaas
1
Yaaas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't have an account?
sign up

reset password

Back to
log in

sign up

Back to
log in
Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Trivia quiz
Poll
Story
List
Open List
Ranked List
Meme
Video
Audio
Image